Do you have any youth in your church that love to write? We would love to
hear testimonies, life-changing events, tough times or anything they would like to share. You can email email@example.com
Share your summer pictures!
15010 (zipcode) here we come!!
Fun facts about Beaver Falls, PA and Geneva College
• Originally called Brighton, Beaver Falls was char- tered as a borough in 1868.
• In the 1870s, Beaver Falls was home to a China- town and had as many as 200 Chinese residents.
• The city is best known in fiction as the setting of the television situation comedy Mr. Belvedere.
• The modern sports nickname of Golden Tornadoes commemorates the “Golden Tornado” of May 11, 1914 when a major tornado struck the college, most notably taking the gold colored roof from the top of Old Main, which was the origin of the associated color. Although the storm caused significant damage to the campus, there were no serious injuries.
• The Birthplace of College Basketball: The world’s first recorded college basketball game occurred in the city on April 8, 1893 when the intramural team from Geneva College defeated the New Brighton YMCA.
• Joe Namath was born in Beaver Falls, PA. 8
June 9 - Last day to pack your bags if flying or traveling afar
June 10 - Last day to sign-in at Synod for registration (Northwood Hall)
Don’t be the last, be the first... First place to look for more answers about Synod 2019….arpchurch.org
First place to go upon arrival at Geneva…….Northwood Hall
The Associate Reformed Presbyterian
April 26 - Last day to register for a pack to be mailed
May 20 - Last day to register for an electronic packet
May 20 - Last day to add your spouse/guest to the meal plan
Don’t be the last... Today - Reserve Hotel room
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24
| Page 25
| Page 26
| Page 27
| Page 28
| Page 29
| Page 30
| Page 31
| Page 32