We are in a new year. As the year 2020 approached, I thought of my vision, not only for my personal life, but for The ARP Magazine as well. The goal of the magazine is to keep the denomination con- nected and to show how God is at work. In the ARP Church, we have stories to tell. God is changing lives. For the year 2020, here are my goals as the ARP Magazine editor.
• Increase subscribers by contacting each church and sharing with them the value of the magazine and the value of staying connected to the denomination.
• I want to be involved with each Presbytery and Presbyterial meeting so that I’m aware of what’s happening in the denomination.
• I will increase my social media and ARP News posts to keep ARPC members informed.
• Increase subscribers to ARPnews.org
by increasing the news posts and encouraging others to share them with their congregations.
• Increase our presence on social media forums by posting weekly with news from churches, boards, committees and Presbyteries.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry said, “A goal without a plan is just a wish.” What is your plan for the year 2020?
• How will you make church attendance a priority? • How can you be more involved in activities with your church family? • How will you support your pastor and staff while they support you each week? • How often can you pray for your church, community and denomination?
Also think of goals for your local church family. Here are some possibilities: • Support a church planter for your area. • Provide a name of a missionary for the World Witness 2-2-20 project. • Pay for a camper to attend Horizon, Quest, or Camp Joy. • Give information about Erskine to a high school student. • Host a church retreat at Bonclarken Conference Center.
Please add the denomination to your prayer list. And this year, remember to focus on our main goal, serving Christ!
“But the plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations” (Psalm 33:11).
Susan Tanner Director of Communications
Susan Tanner, Editor The ARP Magazine firstname.lastname@example.org
January/February 2020 31
The ARP in the App store. 5
ARP app Notifications on your cell phone.
3 ARP News Email blasts
in-between print subscriptions arpnews.org
To find out more, visit arpmagazine.org
or contact email@example.com
Yes, I want The ARP Magazine! Check the appropriate boxes below. Give to your church along with a check, or mail directly to The ARP Magazine.
Please renew/start my magazine subscription. One year $20 Two years $38 Three years $54
A gift subscription from _____________________________________________________ Please mail me a sample copy. I am undecided at this time. BILL ME
Print Subscription 6 issues (1 year) 1 Subscribe!
Get More from The ARP! 2
Subscription 6 issues (1 year)
4 A Passionate, Frustrated, Patience 6 Wheat & the Tares
22 Women’s Ministries 2016 Pin Recipients
6 Family Bible Conference Sept/Oct 2019
Where is God? Others
OverJOYed! Family Bible Conference
Hope & Heritage page 26
Years page 24 Arrives in your email! Gift
Subscription 6 issues (1 year)
for a friend! $12 rate
CREDIT CARD (Pay online at www.arpmagazine.org
Name _________________________________________________________________________ Address _________________________________________________________________________ Email _________________________________________________________________________ Church _________________________________________________________________________ ARP Magazine • 918 S. Pleasantburg Drive • Greenville, SC 29607
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24
| Page 25
| Page 26
| Page 27
| Page 28
| Page 29
| Page 30
| Page 31
| Page 32