MANUFACTURER Annual Sales Revenue— Based on U.S. Industry Sales
Annual Sales U.S. Annual Dues Amount Under $1 Million $1,495 $1M - $2M $2,195 $2M - $3M $3,695 $3M - $5M $5,295 $5M - $10M $6,995 $10M - $20M $8,995 $20M - $50M $12,995
Over $50 Million $20,000 + $1,000 per each $10M of Sales Revenue above $50M
DISTRIBUTOR Annual Sales Revenue—Based on U.S. Industry Sales
Annual Sales U.S. Annual Dues Amount Under $3 Million $1,695 $3M - $5M $2,195 $5M - $10M $2,995 $10M - $20M $3,995
Over $20 Million $5,500 + $1,000 per each $10M of Sales Revenue above $20M
Organization Type Definitions Business-to-Business Firms (Domestic & International)
• Distributor Firms whose major (70%) business is the wholesaling of goods manufactured by others. No single customer shall constitute 50% or more of the firm’s sales. *Distributors above 20 million use the following formula to calculate dues: Base dues of $5,500 plus $1,000 per 10 million in revenue above 20 million ($5,500 + (U.S. Sales -20M)/10M x 1000))
• Manufacturer Firms manufacturing or fabricating products or components, including complete swimming pool units, spas, and hot tub units. *Manufacturers above 50 million use the following formula to calculate dues: Base dues of $20,000 plus $1,000 per 10 million in revenue above 50 million ($20,000 + (U.S. Sales – 50 M)/10M x 1000))
• Manufacturers’ Agent A firm or individual representing two or more different manufacturers and brands (any size firm).
• Builder/Installer Firms that build, install, and renovate swimming pools, spas, hot tubs, and
• Retail Store Firms that operate a retail store open to the public offering a variety of industry products, spanning more than one manufacturers’ brand(s).
• Service Company Firms that service and maintain swimming pools, spas, hot tubs, water features.
• Allied Supplier Manufacturers and distributors not directly related to the manufacture or operation of pools, spas, or hot tubs, but more related to the backyard experience.
• Publicly Traded or Multi Location Allied Supplier Multiple location manufacturers
• Professional Affiliate Firms or individuals that provide professional services. Includes
and distributors not directly related to the manufacture or operation of pools, spas, or hot tubs, but more related to the backyard experience.
consultants in designing, building, and operation, architects, landscapers, finance and lending firms, advertising, PR, and insurance agencies/agents.
• PHTA Instructors Certified PHTA instructors of PHTA education and certification courses.
• Associate Not-for-profit individuals and organizations, government entities, Health
Te instructor must not own or operate as a pool builder, service company, retail store, or any other membership category.
• Retiree Member not generating any income from the industry. Former dues-paying
• Student To qualify for the student membership, you must meet the following
criteria and not qualify for another membership category: currently enrolled in high school, college level, or working as a lifeguard.
PHTA Code of Ethics (read below and sign) All members of Te Pool & Hot Tub Alliance agree to be dedicated to and to comply with the following ethical principles and policies:
• To contribute to the health, safety and welfare of the public in the design, manufacture,
• To hold all necessary federal, state and local licenses, registrations and permits.
• To hold legally required liability insurance, workers’ compensation insurance, and
• To respect and not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others and to
• To advertise products, services and prices truthfully and consistently with all federal, state
refrain from using the property of others without their prior, written consent.
and local advertising practices requirements. PHTA Member Code of Ethics
installation, maintenance and operation of swimming pools, spas and hot tubs by complying with all applicable laws, ordinances or regulations and refraining from engaging in fraudulent or deceptive acts or practices.
• To establish prices in a manner that does not involve collusion with a competitor and to clearly
• To provide written sales agreements when such are requested by customers or required by law.
• To respond to any consumer complaints made to any governmental authority, Better Business
• To exclude from company ownership or senior management any person or entity who
or which, within the past three (3) years, has been convicted of or pleaded no contest (or its equivalent) to any felony or other crime involving business or financial practices.
I understand that PHTA provides services to the entire pool, spa and hot tub industry and requires membership dues to operate effectively. I affirm that all information provided herein is true and complete and that the membership category selected accurately represents my business. I understand that PHTA occasionally uses third- party information sources to verify dues information provided to the association. I have read the PHTA Code of Ethics and agree to support the association’s efforts to grow the industry. I have read and agree to these terms. By initialing this box, I am certifying that I am authorized to sign my organization up for membership in the Pool & Hot Tub Alliance (PHTA). I affirm that my agreement here constitutes an electronic signature and that this signature meets any and all requirements for an original signature.
Name Date X Signature (required) 46 703.838.0083 • Pool & Hot Tub Alliance • PHTA.org
Bureau or equivalent nongovernmental authority.
communicate such prices to potential customers or clients prior to providing such products or services.
• To comply with the terms of all agreements, oral or written, regarding the provision of products
• To use the PHTA name, logo and other intellectual property only when and as
• To file a complaint with PHTA regarding a potential violation of this Code of Ethics only
permitted by PHTA, and to cease all such use upon suspension from or termination of membership in PHTA.
• To cooperate fully with any PHTA investigation of a potential violation of this Code of Ethics.
when in possession of credible evidence of such potential violation.
• To encourage utilization of PHTA educational offerings as a means of enhancing the
professional skills and business integrity of PHTA members and their employees.
and Code Inspectors, trade or professional associations, research or academic institutions.
• Single-Person Service Company Person servicing and maintaining swimming pools, spas, hot tubs, water features.
• Professional Pool Management Firm or individual providing professional management services for public and semi- public swimming pools, spas, hot tubs, and water features.
• Commercial Facility An entity operating a single commercial or semi-public swimming pool, spa, or hot tub facility.
| Page 2
| Page 3
| Page 4
| Page 5
| Page 6
| Page 7
| Page 8
| Page 9
| Page 10
| Page 11
| Page 12
| Page 13
| Page 14
| Page 15
| Page 16
| Page 17
| Page 18
| Page 19
| Page 20
| Page 21
| Page 22
| Page 23
| Page 24
| Page 25
| Page 26
| Page 27
| Page 28
| Page 29
| Page 30
| Page 31
| Page 32
| Page 33
| Page 34
| Page 35
| Page 36
| Page 37
| Page 38
| Page 39
| Page 40
| Page 41
| Page 42
| Page 43
| Page 44
| Page 45
| Page 46
| Page 47
| Page 48
| Page 49
| Page 50
| Page 51
| Page 52
| Page 53
| Page 54
| Page 55
| Page 56
| Page 57
| Page 58
| Page 59
| Page 60
| Page 61
| Page 62
| Page 63
| Page 64
| Page 65
| Page 66
| Page 67
| Page 68